Phone: (985) 960-2602
An experienced and dedicated law enforcement officer with 33 years of law enforcement experience. I began my law enforcement career with the Slidell Police Department in 1980 serving 10 years as a Patrolman, Detective in the Criminal Investigations Division, Patrolman in the Traffic Division, and as an Emergency Medical Technician for the City of Slidell. I was employed with the Louisiana State Police for 21 years and retired as a Lieutenant in 2011. In 2013, I returned to the Louisiana State Police working part-time as an investigator in the Louisiana State Police Narcotics Division.
- Supervision- Solid background in planning and executing criminal patrol activities with the Louisiana State Police as the State Coordinator of the Criminal Patrols Division. As a Shift Lieutenant at Troop L, I was responsible for supervising personnel during shift operations.
- Leadership- Direct Leadership Instructor for the Louisiana State Police- Responsible for educating State Police Supervisors and Troopers in areas such as direct leadership, team building, counseling and group development.
Communication- Persuasive communicator with well-developed presentation and negotiation skills. Able to develop productive relationships with citizens, businesses, colleagues, and with other law enforcement agencies on the local, state and federal levels.
LOUISIANA STATE POLICE- HEADQUARTERS Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Lieutenant January 2008-June 2011
Supervised and coordinated statewide activities for the Louisiana State Police Criminal Patrols Program. The unit consisted of 40 specially trained personnel with 11 narcotic detector dogs. Responsible for initiating the first program within the State Police where State Troopers in the Criminal Patrol Division were assigned to the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) task force. The unit was responsible for seizing illegal contraband and arresting fugitives which utilized the interstates and major highways while participating in their illicit trade. The Louisiana State Police Criminal Patrol Units were recognized at the national level by the Drug Interdiction Assistance Program (DIAP) for outstanding performance in the drug interdiction field. As the Lieutenant, he was responsible for the statewide operating budget, the purchasing of equipment and the purchasing of our narcotic detector dogs for the Criminal Patrols unit.
LOUISIANA STATE POLICE/TROOP L Mandeville, Louisiana
Lieutenant October 2006-June 2008
Shift Lieutenant assigned to Troop L in Mandeville, Louisiana. Supervised personnel assigned to patrol. Oversight of routine operations, enforcement patrols, shift activities, assigned routes, supervised personnel, directed activities during major crash investigations, supervised office personnel, checked paperwork, supervised personnel in the field, maintained overtime and compensatory time logs, supervised and coordinated activities of troopers and radio operators, completed performance and planning evaluations, conducted administrative investigations on complaints against personnel.
LOUISIANA STATE POLICE/ HEADQUATERS Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Sergeant- Concealed Handgun Permit Section January 2006-October 2006
Supervised the Concealed Handgun Permit Section at Louisiana State Police Headquarters in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Approved and denied applications for concealed handgun permits after a thorough background check was completed. Prepared legislative reports to present to the Colonel of the State Police prior to delivering it to the State Legislative body. Prepared a yearly operating budget for the Concealed Handgun Permit Section.
LOUISIANA STATE POLICE/TROOP L Mandeville, Louisiana
Sergeant August 1998-January 2006
Oversight of routine operations and enforcement patrols, supervised shift activities, assigned routes, supervised personnel, assisted in major crash investigations, supervised office personnel, checked paperwork for accuracy, supervised personnel in the field, maintained desk logs, dispatched wreckers, handled incoming telephone calls, maintained overtime and compensatory time logs, supervised and coordinated activities of troopers and radio operators.
Region 1 Coordinator of Criminal Patrols 1998-2006
Planned and coordinated regional criminal patrol unit meetings and details within the region, assisted state criminal patrol unit coordinator in planning criminal patrol details.
Team Leader Troop L Criminal Patrols 1996-1998
Served as first line supervisor of Troop L criminal patrol units.
Casino Gaming Section of Louisiana State Police 1995
Temporarily assigned to the Casino Gaming Section of the Louisiana State Police to assist with background investigations for the River City Casino. Detective assigned to the Treasure Chest Casino.
Region 1 Narcotics 1995-1996
Initiated narcotic related investigations, served as a case agent on numerous narcotics investigations, acted in undercover capacity during narcotic investigations, served as affiant on several narcotic related search warrants.
State Trooper- Troop L Mandeville, Louisiana 1990-1992
Investigated crashes, traffic enforcement and other law enforcement duties in the Troop L area covering St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Washington, St. Helena Parishes.
Cadet- Louisiana State Police June 1990
Louisiana State Police Cadet, Class 68- Recipient of the Douglas M. Milliet Award for the highest overall achievement at the Louisiana State Police Training Academy.
SLIDELL POLICE DEPARTMENT Slidell, Louisiana
General law enforcement duties including investigations, traffic enforcement, and criminal patrols for the City of Slidell. Assigned to the Extrication Unit for the Slidell Police Department, responded to major crashes throughout St. Tammany Parish which required the use of specialized extrication equipment such as the Jaws of Life. The unit was required to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Received specialized training in hostage negotiation and sniper training as a member of the SWAT team.
Police Detective Criminal Investigation Division 1985-1986
Followed up on criminal investigations, narcotic investigations and undercover surveillance operations.
General law enforcement duties included investigations, traffic enforcement, and criminal patrols for the City of Slidell.
Emergency Medical Technician 1982-1984
Coordinated a team of Emergency Medical Technicians assigned to the Slidell Police Department’s Emergency Medical Response Unit.
Graduate of Slidell High School, Class of 1978
Graduate of Louisiana State University Law Enforcement Institute
Graduate of Louisiana State Police Academy
Graduate of Orleans Parish Police Academy
AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, AND PERSONAL TRAININGS
- Louisiana State Police Recipient of the Douglas M. Milliet Award for outstanding achievement in academics and leadership during the Louisiana State Police Training Academy
- Meritorious Service Award, Louisiana State Police
- State Coordinator, Louisiana State Criminal Patrols Units, received national recognition from the National Drug Interdiction Assistance Program (DIAP).
- Louisiana State Police Lieutenant assigned to the Drug Enforcement Administration High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) Task Force
- Member of the Louisiana State Police SWAT Team
- Louisiana State Police Direct Leadership Training Program Instructor
- Louisiana State Police Defensive Tactics Instructor
- Region 1 Criminal Patrols Coordinator
- Troop L Criminal Patrols Team Leader
- Peace Officers Standards of Training Asset Forfeiture Certified
- Louisiana State Police Motor Carrier Safety Certified
- Sergeant in the Concealed Handgun Unit, Louisiana State Police
- Sergeant at Troop L in Mandeville, LA
- Trooper in the Casino Gaming Section in New Orleans, LA
- Louisiana State Police Region 1 Narcotics Unit
- Accident Investigation I
- Accident Investigation II
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Accident Reconstruction I
- Accident Reconstruction II
- Louisiana State Police SWAT Course Training
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Cannabis Detection and Eradication Training
- T-CAP-Regional Counter Drug Training Academy
- Undercover Investigations- Regional Counter Drug Training Academy
- Electronic Communications Surveillance (Wire Tap) Training
- Drug Enforcement Administration-Basic Narcotics Course
- FBI Hostage Negotiations Training
- FBI Advanced Handgun Training
- Certified Emergency Medical Technician